VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR SCHOOLS
Screen and track everyone who enters your schools
Visitor Management Key Benefits
- Screen every visitor, including contractors, guardians, and volunteers, instantly against the most reliable and up-to-date U.S. sex offender databases in all 50 states.
- Check visitors against custom school or district databases which can contain custodial restrictions and/or banned visitors.
- Immediately alert administrative and security personnel should a visitor be identified as a risk.
- Print badges with the approved visitor’s photo, name, date, time of entry, the building name, and visitor’s destination.
- Generate accurate, reliable district-wide and school-level reports with a complete sign-in history for every person entering your schools.
COVID-19 Screening and Contact Tracing
Student and Staff Modules
Sync With Your Student Information System (SIS)
Raptor syncs information from your SIS every two hours to ensure your data is always updated with your latest student, staff, and guardian data. For PowerSchool customers, Raptor writebacks daily attendance to your PowerSchool attendance tables.
Accurately Track Tardies
When a student is late, quickly mark them tardy, add a custom reason why, and print a tardy slip. When a student accumulates a certain number of tardies—a number you can set—a Tardy Alert is displayed, letting you choose what action should be taken, such as notifying guardians or assigning detention. Customize and print detention slips at the click of a button.
Raptor instantly screens anyone attempting to sign -out a student against the sex offender registry in all 50 states and any locally customized databases, including custody databases, every time they sign out a student so you can be confident that you only release students to approved guardians. Quickly print early dismissal slips.
Track Staff Activity
Campus staff and district-wide employees, like IT and maintenance personnel, can sign in on the Raptor system, enabling you to track and record staff reporting times, substitute teacher sign-ins, and district-wide faculty sign-ins.
- Enable visitors, contractors, and volunteers to sign in with minimal or no staff assistance, facilitating contactless check-in.
- The visitor scans his or her ID with the built-in scanner, takes their photo with the built-in webcam, and completes the check-in process on the kiosk, which includes selecting their destination and entering responses to optional custom COVID-19-related health questions.
- Photo badges print instantly following visitor clearance and can be set up to pick up at the front desk.
- Visitors can check out of the system by returning to the Raptor Kiosk and scanning the badge’s barcode with the 2D Scanner or rescanning their ID to check-out.
- Students and staff can be prompted to take a COVID-19 health screening through a kiosk. If using the Remote Screening Module, students/staff that did not submit their remote screening questionnaire are prompted to complete the on-site health screening.
- Approved students and guardians can use a kiosk to quickly check-out. Students simply scan their IDs, while guardians use the Quick Find feature to find the student record. Guardians are instantly checked against the databases before check-out.
- Campus staff and district personnel can sign-in/sign-out through a self-service kiosk.
- Mobile Tablet Kiosk – Easily take this tablet-based kiosk with you wherever you need to greet and screen visitors, such as your gymnasium, auditorium, or other Wi-Fi-supported locations.
- Fixed Kiosk – Perfect for your school entrance or secure vestibule, this 22” touchscreen kiosk comes with either a sturdy desktop stand or a wall-mounting option.
- Build Your Own – For schools that want to use their own computer, this option lets districts employ the kiosk software on a district-provided computer or tablet.
Back to School in the Age of COVID-19: Using Visitor Management to Keep Your Schools Safe.
Broward County Public Schools Successfully Implements a Safety Solution During COVID-19.
The Raptor Difference
Pencil & Paper
Raptor Visitor Management System
What Raptor Customers Are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions
A visitor management system is an online tool that both registers and screens every campus visitor, volunteer, and contractor so that school officials know precisely who is entering their buildings.
The best visitor management systems screen each visitor’s state-issued ID against sex offender databases and locally customized lists of banned or potentially threatening individuals, instantly alert school officials to a threatening presence, and maintain a searchable log of all visitors.
- Instant screening against sex offender, custody, and other customized databases.
- Accurate, reliable, searchable visitor recordkeeping.
- Easy-to-use districtwide or individual school visitor report creation.
- Registered sex offender databases in all 50 U.S. states.
- Any alerts from custom databases set up by the school or district containing information including custody orders, expelled students, dismissed school or district employees, etc.