In 2002, we had a vision to build the first web-based visitor management system designed for K-12 schools and Raptor Technologies was born. Today, Raptor is trusted to protect over 32,000 K-12 schools across our nation and Raptor continues to develop innovative, integrated school safety technologies. Our mission is to protect every child, every school, every day.
Located in the cultural Heights neighborhood of Houston, TX, Raptor is in a great location with a very open, collaborative environment. The company’s mission is to keep protect every child, every school, every day – which fosters a great group of teams working together to give school districts great software products. To facilitate a collaborative product development process, we prefer team members to be co-located in our office. Raptor provides web-based, mobile software products and integration services.
We are looking for a Product Owner to organize, refine, decompose and assess work for our scrum team. Product Owner responsibilities include product definition and decomposition, backlog management, lead all scrum team ceremonies and execution, coordinating sprints, resolving impediments, and release management. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver our company’s vision.
- Collaborative with Product Management to understand product vision and roadmap
- Work closely with Product Management to transition and decompose big picture ideas into smaller increments that can be iterated and executed within an agile scrum team
- Align scrum product backlog with product roadmap and strategy
- Define, write, and refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Groom and prioritize product backlog
- Set sprint goals, track, and report progress to plan
- Lead agile scrum team in all meetings, ceremonies, materials, and reports
- Lead daily stand-ups and work with the team to resolve impediments
- Refine our agile methodology based on results, retrospectives, and identify opportunities to improve
- Plan releases and ensure technical implementation requirements are delivered as planned
- Three or more years as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline. Education requirements may be satisfied with commensurate experience.
- Strong experience in SaaS and cloud-based products a must
- Strong agile SDLC experience a must (with use of JIRA or Azure DevOps / Team Services)
- Strong technical acumen to excel in scrum team communication and management
- Experience managing a product backlog within the scrum methodology
- Knowledge and experience in lean principles and discovery and delivery techniques
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skill
- Enjoy working in highly active and collaborative cross-functional agile product teams
- Understanding of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities
- Ownership mentality to lead the team through direct management, peer collaboration, and influencing others to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner
- Mobile ecosystem and product experience a plus