Get Started With Raptor
To get started, download the following documents and choose the proper installation setup for your computer.
- Installation Guide
- Installation Files
- To request the installation files for vSoft, please email your request to [email protected]. A Raptor Product Support Engineer will respond to your email with the correct links for the version your district uses as soon as possible. We will also pass along your information in regard to transitioning away from our legacy product to our current software, Raptor 6.
- Parent letters
- Quick Reference Card
- How do I determine what version of windows you are using?
Version numbers and screens may differ slightly from the version you are installing.
Windows 7 Users:
- Open System by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System. Under System, you can view the system type.
- How do I get my initial username and password?
Contact Raptor Technical Support for your initial username and password. Raptor Technicians can also help you test your system to ensure all software is installed properly.
- I just finished the install. What’s next?Contact Raptor Technical Support to schedule your complimentary remote training session. This is highly recommended for all new users and installations.
System Requirements Each computer that will be used for access to the Raptor application must have a minimum of the following:
- A Pentium 4 processor or equivalent
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 installed
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 & 2010
- High speed internet connection
- The Raptor application cannot be used without an internet connection
- At least 2GB (4GB is recommended)
- If additional applications will be run simultaneously, additional RAM will be required.
- Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, or Firefox
- The Raptor application has limited support on Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, but it is currently not recommended for new installations.
- Scanner Replacement
If you have recently replaced your scanner, please follow these instructions to reconnect your device:
- Close out of the Raptor application, and disconnect your old scanner.
- Using the existing ports on the computer, plug in the scanner and wait for Windows to detect a new hardware device.
- If a hardware wizard appears, follow the steps in the installation guide to install the new device.
- Restart the Raptor application by clicking on Start > Programs > V-Soft Service Manager. Click Restart when the module appears.
- Printer Replacement
If you have recently replaced your printer, please follow these instructions to reconnect your device:
- Remove the old printer from the system..
- Delete the previous printer from the Printers & Faxes list. Click on Start > Printers and Faxes (Devices and Printers on Windows 7). Locate the Dymo label writer in the list, and right click on it, choose delete from the submenu.
- Once the old label writer is removed and deleted from the system, plug in your new printer.
- Wait for the new printer to identify in your Printers and Faxes listing. The V-Soft setup must be installed prior to the method.
- Log into the Raptor application and configure the printer under My Profile > Printer Setup.
- Multiple Printer Setup
To install additional printers, simply connect the secondary printer after installing the Raptor software. The printer will be automatically detected in Windows and will need to be pre-configured inside the Raptor application.
To configure the printer, select My Profile from the Home Page. Click Printer setup, and assign the printer name in the correct module. Use the Test buttons to ensure the printer is properly configured.
Help and Support
Technical Support Telephone support is available from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm CST; Choose the option for technical support for the quickest service.
Raptor Technologies LLC
Email Support is available during daytime hours as well as extended evening hours.
Ordering Supplies Raptor accepts the following form of payment for orders of equipment and supplies:
- Credit Card: Visit our storefront at shop.raptortech.com
- Purchase Orders: Email to [email protected] or fax to 713-880-2577.
Purchase orders that are mailed should go to Orders Dept. @ Raptor Technologies PO BOX 7966 Houston, TX 77270
- Remittance Address:
Raptor Technologies LLC
Lock BOX 4897
Houston, TX 77210
IMPORTANT: Please note that all equipment or supplies used with the Raptor system must be purchased from Raptor Technologies LLC. The use of any equipment or supplies not purchased from Raptor Technologies LLC will void all warranties and support.
Videos and Help Menu Training is available 24/7 in your Raptor program after logging in. These training videos require the latest version of Adobe Flash to view. To download this technology, please visit the Adobe website to download this free application. The online training is highly recommended for new employees or for those users not trained by an onsite technician. Chat is also available for quick questions.
Training assistance is available from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm CST; Choose the option for technical support for the quickest service.
For technical assistance regarding error message, or frequently asked questions, visit us at our Knowledge Base.